Monday, January 23, 2006

Kerry in '08 and Brokeback Mountain

Well, there has been a Kerry sighting again, this time over at the Daily Kos. Yes, that would be the same daily kos where Osama Bin Laden is less despised than George W. Bush. Somebody needs to put the man out of his misery.

I finally saw Brokeback Mountain this weekend and my wisdom was borne out. As expected, of course. Or almost. As I feared, it would be a wussy love story that featured grown men discussing their emotions and other flitty stuff. That said, it was a fairly compelling love story. Heath Ledger delivered an understated yet brilliant performance. Jake Gyllenhaal, well, he didn't drag down the movie too much. Apparently there was a rodeo, although, it was brief. I missed it because my girlfriend needed a soda. Being the stiff that I am I went and got her a soda. Thus missing the one real action scene. Heath Ledger did shoot a buck. That was cool.

2 comments:

archduke f. f. said...

I get where you're going, but George Bush is less despised in that poll by a solid 17 percent.

xtrachromosomeconservative said...

Sorry, it was nearly the exact opposite when I looked at it last week.