Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bold Christmas Gift Prediction

The worst gift you can make is anything involving HD-DVD or BluRay. I consider this so for several reasons:

1. you may very well be buying an obsolete format
2. In the event you bet on the right format, by the time the format war is settled there is very likely to be a shift towards download services for High Definition products, in fact this is already underway on a small scale with Vudu and Netflix.

And last but not least, don't give your friend or loved one a gift certificate, give them cash, the most efficient gift there is.

Note: My track record as to predictions is piss poor. I stated unequivocally that the SmartCar would be a terrible failure which prompted a commenter to inform me that there were already 20k preorders for the SmartCar at the time of my post.

No comments: