Thursday, June 22, 2006

Late-night Cliffhanger: The Advertisement

MEETING THE CHALLENGE OF A DYSTOPIAN FUTURE

She had wandered back into town to find a candle or die. So odd to her: this one door, with the light on. Light always filled her with delight, or at least the pictures of it.

A male voice-over intones, "By 2500, America's Information Age will be no more. The affairs of our specious will be conducted in darkness."

Nothing is necessary if not candles.
The Lighting Material Solutions Group

6 comments:

PiedPiper said...

Ilya...Garrison Keillor's heir apparent?

A Green Cowboy said...

specious

adj 1: plausible but false; "specious reasoning"; "the spurious inferences from obsolescent notions of causality"- Ethel Albert [syn: spurious] 2: plausible but false; "a specious claim" 3: based on pretense; deceptively pleasing; "the gilded and perfumed but inwardly rotten nobility"; "meretricious praise"; "a meretricious argument"

A Green Cowboy said...

Oh, and ps, I get it, okay? Never again will I attempt such an atrocity as my last post.

Ilya said...

oops, I didn't catch that spelling error. Not specious, but species.

Mandingo said...

GC, are you kidding me? Your story led to a string of excellent moments. keep it up. I'm waiting for the next installment.

xtrachromosomeconservative said...

GC is right, I think you meant species. But otherwise, good job.