Friday, May 12, 2006

Lasers

"Rather than allow our intelligence professionals to maintain a laser focus on the terrorists, we are once again mired in a debate about what our intelligence community may or may not be doing." -- Rep. Peter Hoekstra, Republican of Michigan, as quoted in today's New York Times

Now, I don't have the intelligence (literally and figuratively) of Rep. Hoekstra, and he may know of some really, really big lasers. But maintaining a program that intends to collect every phone call ever made seems about as precise and laser-focused as killing a sea monkey with a stack of phone books.

4 comments:

PiedPiper said...

But, then again, I suppose killing a sea monkey with a stack of phone books would be quite effective...

Mandingo said...

Wait a minute. Did you actually post a comment on your own entry before anyone else? There must be some kind of rule against that in the Blogble.
In case you were wondering, Blog+Bible=Blogble.

PiedPiper said...

Blogble? Really? You definitely had me pegged with your first thought there about commenting on your own post before anyone else. But you lost all street cred when you went with Blogble. Poor choice, buddy.

Explanation for my actions: I'm insanely bored and, yes, I decided to leave a comment to myself. Perhaps this a sign of schizophrenia, but at least I didn't use an alterego.

xtrachromosomeconservative said...

that is poor form pied. I am shocked.