Friday, April 14, 2006

Free the PeP!

Yes, people, this is PiedPiper with his notes from underground. My voice is a little hoarse from not having breathed in a while, so please excuse me. I have been to the brink and back, my PePpers, and I return to these pages with the wisdom of the ages, the insight of the sages.

In case you haven't noticed, the Pie-Eyed Picayune has been in a temporary vegetative state for some time now. I can blame it on this and that - you know, school, life - but none of it really does this blog justice. The PeP's illness climaxed recently in an unadvised, bloodthirsty attempt to pull the plug, to remove the feeding tube, to refuse sustenance to this most sacred of Internet texts. Thankfully, my PeP brethren wrestled me away from the cliff's edge. And after a tongue-lashing from Mandingo, and weepy intervention from Xtra, and some time in the blogosphere's significant halfway house, I've been born again. Bloggerdom, be on notice. King Pied is back, baby.

As usual, I'll mention that the contributors and I have discussed some changes (that most assuredly won't be made, per ususal) to the Pie-Eyed Picayune. I'll be sharing the adminstration duties with some of my more nurturing partners. Also, since we only learn to appreciate things when they are near exinction, we will all make a more concerted effort to raise the PeP from the ashes, until it rises like the Phoenix silhouetted against the Mississippi sunrise.

Be hearty; be humble, fellow PePpers. I'll be seeing you soon!

PiedPiper

2 comments:

-=Topper=- said...

Tis is good to hear, I didn't want to get more of a fealing that I was talking to myself out here.

-=topper=-

PiedPiper said...

Glad to know we still have readers, Tops. Especially after our winter of discontent.