Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air

Here is Chris Christie on why he doesn't think he should run for president:
"The issue is not me sitting here and saying, 'Geez, it might be too hard. I don’t think I can win.' I see the opportunity both at the primary level and at the general election level. I see the opportunity. But I’ve got to believe I’m ready to be president, and I don’t. And I think that that’s the basis you have to make that decision."
That type of self awareness and humility is not something that you find too often among politicians.

Update: I agree with his self-assessment on his electoral chances. I do believe that he would be the favorite in the Republican primary and if the economy continues to be weak just about anyone will have a fighting chance against Obama.

No comments: