Monday, February 18, 2008

Presidents' Day

I am not a fan. We have had some presidents who were great, others that were flawed, some that were horrible, and some that were just mediocre (which, actually, I have no problem with- mediocre is better than tragically bad any day). I like MLK day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day (I love Thanksgiving). I just don't see the point. For most people President's day is more like- Free Paid Annual Leave Day, or the Last 3-Day Weekend without taking Paid Leave For a Long Ass While Day.

5 comments:

Anti-Everything said...

Not true, some of us had to work today which ranks President's Day pretty much even with Columbus Day...except for the lack of genocides and what not.

archduke f. f. said...

Lack of genocides?

Marcus said...

No, not most people. I would say that most of us had to work. President's day is just another one of those days I don't get mail.

In the private sector, most of us don't have a holiday from the 1st of January to Memorial day. I call it the holiday drought.

xtrachromosomeconservative said...

All the more reason to oppose President's day. You are going to work to subsidize yours truly.

Marcus said...

My post wasn't intended to imply support or opposition to President's day.

I'm subsidizing you every single day I go to work. ;)