Wednesday, November 07, 2007

No to Mukasey

Michael Mukasey, Bush's nominee to replace Fredo, er, Alberto Gonzales, has been fairly weasely with regards to torture. He has stated that he does not believe that the US should conduct torture as a policy but at the same time there should be no formal prohibition from the President issuing such direction. Additionally, he was evasive on the issue of whether waterboarding constitutes torture. Initially he responded that he does not know what waterboarding is, hardly a responsible answer for somebody that is about to serve as Attorney General. Since he has refused to declare it illegal. I think it is clear that he should not be confirmed.

1 comment:

Anti-Everything said...

Holy crap Xtra and I agree on something and for the same reasons too...I think I hear the four horsemen galloping my way.