Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The University of St. Thomas...Really Good At Making Stupid Decisions

As you may or may not know I received my undergraduate degree from the University of St. Thomas and I am currently working towards an MBA degree also from St. Thomas which can be a daunting task, not the class work, but constantly having to defend the university for some stupid decision it made which makes it appear that I attend some sort of right-wing backwards institution.

Well for this year it was looking pretty good so far, but of course it couldn’t last. Basically St. Thomas is to stupid decisions that make them look like idiots publicly like Robert Downey Jr. is to heroin…they try to keep away but they keep coming back.

Case in point this City Pages article explaining how St. Thomas has banned Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and human rights advocate Archbishop Desmond Tutu from speaking on campus this coming spring.

You can read the article for your self, but basically St. Thomas administration officials are making the argument that any criticism of Israeli government policy automatically makes the person providing the criticism an Anti-Semitic Jew Hater.

Kudos to you UST, thank you for making it that much harder to show any pride in my alma mater.

4 comments:

xtrachromosomeconservative said...

I believe the term is reductio ad hitlerium

Anonymous said...

...I'm having a harder time deciding what's more shocking: that UST would ban Archbishop Desmond Tutu or that he would even want to speak at UST...ban...or speak... quandary

-=Topper=- said...

It's like what I hear at the store, Macalester ROCKS! And it may be of interest to Extra, I wrote our mayor, "NOT IN MY CITY!".

The very idea the GOP coming here makes me rather ill, but then on the other hand I will not have to go far to tell them TO GET BENT!.

-=t=-

Stop by Kowalski's some night Mark its been a while.

xtrachromosomeconservative said...

C'mon Topper, you know you secretly lust for Pawlenty.