"The lesson Senator Clinton seems to have learned from her experience with health care is, 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.' I learned a very different lesson from decades of fighting powerful interests - you can never join 'em, you just have to beat 'em…
"And to show Congress just how serious I am, on the first day of my administration, I will submit legislation that ends health care coverage for the president, all members of Congress, and all senior political appointees in both branches of government on July 20th, 2009 - unless we have passed universal health care reform.
I wonder when he speaks of joining the special interests if working for Fortress Investments counts. I guess it was to learn about poverty (at $500k a year- part-time no less, that's a pretty sweet gig), like how to foreclose on a Katrina victim's home.
No comments:
Post a Comment