Monday, June 25, 2007

Random Cool Thing

So I was picking up the lady at BWI (Baltimore-Washington International Airport) and as I was parking I noticed they had this really cool thing- "SmartParking". So the recent fad has been to display the number of vacant spots on each level as you are driving up. Now these can suck because say for instance there are 375 free spots in a 6 level garage and 350 of them are on levels 4, 5, and 6. The meter basically tells you that there are 375 free spots when you enter level 1 even though there may only be five on level 1 and 20 other cars are chasing those 5 spots right there with you. The parking lot at BWI told you not only the number of free spots on a given level but on a given lane so that you don't have to waste anytime trolling around for places where there aren't any. Anywhoo, more evidence that I am a dork because that just blew my mind.

No comments: