Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ding Dong The Assholes Dead!

So Jerry Falwell was found dead in his office yesterday and I could not be happier. Now some might say that this is a rather insensitive thing for me to say, but remember that this is the man who called AIDS God's wrath on gay people, and said the 9/11 attacks were brought on by lesbians, atheists and civil liberties activists, so sensitivity with this guy kind of goes right out the window. He was an asshole in life and he is an asshole in death.

I hope he enjoys burning in hell.

4 comments:

Hell's Kitchen NYC said...

Ok - so you knew it was going to happen sometime...
Falwell's Dead T-Shirts

Anonymous said...

As much as I disagree with everything the man has ever said, he was a human being, with a family and friends and deserves a little more respect than this. I love you guys for your diverse and divergent view points, but this was in poor taste.

Anti-Everything said...

I completely understand and respect your view point, but my opinion is that respect is something that you earn by demonstrating respect towards others, and in my opinion he has earned no such respect.

He made a living and became extremely wealthy by preaching and spreading an ideology of hatred and intolerance, he created a means for millions of people to rationalize hatred and violence towards others through some warped view of Christianity.

Regardless of his family or loved ones the world is worst off for him ever having existed and a better place with him dead.

-=Topper=- said...

Well said Mark, well said.

-=t=-