Wednesday, October 18, 2006

God Spoke To Me In A “Vision” and Told Me Michele Bachmann Is A Nut Job

Alright so I am sure that many of you have either seen or heard of Michele Bachmann’s speech that she gave at the Living Word Christian Center last weekend. Aside from the fact that the pastor broke IRS tax laws by publicly endorsing Bachmann, which is ironic since Bachmann is a tax lawyer, the best parts of the video are Bachmann’s own comments. Here are some of my favorites:

1) “It wasn’t a big romantic surge that led us to each other [her husband] it was his [God’s] word. We were praying one night, a girl friend and I, not my husband, and the lord gave each one of us the exact same vision. And it was this, it was a picture of me, marrying this man in the valley where his parents have a farm in western Wisconsin…I had no idea that at the same time the Lord was speaking to my husband and he showed my husband in a vision that he was suppose to marry me…and over the next two years the lord began to romantically knit these two hearts together.”

2) “And eventually the Lord took me to law school, I went to the first Christian law school there was in the United States down at Oral Roberts University where they taught the law from a biblical world view, and from there my husband said now you need to go and get a post doctorate degree in tax law. Tax law? I hate taxes, why should I go and do something like that? But the Lord says be submissive, wives you are to be submissive to your husbands. So we moved to Virginia Beach, Virginia and I went to William & Mary to law school to get a post doctorate degree in tax law and I pursued this course of study. Never had a tax course in my background, never had a desire for it, but by faith I was going to be faithful to do what I felt God was calling me to do through my husband.”

3) “God then called me to run for the United States Congress, and I thought what in the world would that be for? And my husband said you need to do this and I wasn’t so sure. And we took three days, and we fasted and we prayed, we said Lord is this what you want? Is this your will? And on the afternoon of day two he [the Lord] made that calling sure.”


So there you have it, sound life advice courtesy of Michele Bachmann. When making any important life decision simply wait for God to talk to you through a “vision” or be submissive and do exactly what your husband tells you to do. Does she scare the bejesus out of anyone else or just me?

No comments: