Saturday, December 03, 2005

Our Beloved Congress

You know, some days I get confused. I think, "There's a war going on in Iraq, another in Afghanistan. Our educational system has not exactly been stellar the last few years. Poverty is still around. A California congressman was just found guilty of taking bribes in exchange for favors that he could only grant if he were able to get other people to grant him favors. Our budgets are larded with pork barrel spending. Congress sure has a lot of work to do."

Then, I notice that they are planning to look at the BCS system. And I think, "Thank God for Congress, the one body in our nation that really takes a look at the big things before setting its eyes on the minutiae."

Of course, my thanks is obviously well-founded, since they've also looked at horse racing and, everyone's favorite, steroids.

No comments: