Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Super Tuesday

Did anyone realize the primaries for the St. Paul and Minneapolis mayoral elections are today? No? Did anyone vote? Didn't think so.

Well, I did. And now I can lord my supreme citizenship and civic skills over all of you.

The line was pretty sparse in my precinct. In fact, I walked into a gymnasium consisting of three elderly women and two ballot stands. Exercising my right to an anonymous vote, I won't reveal the candidates I chose. I will tell you, however, that the ballot counter was up to a balmy 162 votes with just three hours remaining until polls close. Talk about turnout!

Hey people, there's still time. So stop playing Tetris and weeping crocodile tears for Natalee Holloway. Democracy requires participation!

1 comment:

Anti-Everything said...

I also voted today, so i suppose that means that I too can "lord my supreme citizenship and civic skills over all of you."

Man, who knew how cool voting can be!