Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Reading


I don't do much during the summer. I don't do much during the Fall, Winter, and Spring neither. But to bide the time I read and make lists...of things I want to do, am doing, need to buy, want to buy, should do, shouldn't do, etc.
So, here's my summer reading list in honor of the first day of summer:


Currently Reading.
Hell's Angels, Hunter S. Thompson

Next Up. A Confederacy of Dunces, John Kennedy Toole
HIP: The History, John Leland
The Places in Between, Rory Stewart
Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
The Boys on the Bus, Tom Crouse

If I get through all of these by the end of August I'll be lucky. Thoughts?

5 comments:

A Green Cowboy said...

Get a job.

xtrachromosomeconservative said...

I think Hunter S. Thomson is the last person you should read. You have mastered the scatalogical. Read C.S. Lewis or someone of that ilk. Somebody that has a point and gets to it somehow.

Mandingo said...

Wow, Xtra...that's quite a dis if I've ever seen one.
In another life, I'd rather be Hunter S. Thomson (sic) than C.S. Lewis. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading hells angles right now also. it's a little bit different than what I expected...but still good.

xtrachromosomeconservative said...

I am a little punchy these days. It's the jet lag.