Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Indefatigable Spirit of Cindy Sheehan


We envision Hell on Earth as something between sitting naked on Jack Abramoff's uncooked bratwurst and reading The Sheehan's post-tazer missive on Michael Moore's blog. Well, we bypassed the bratwurst and went straight to hell this morning. Here are some choice excerpts:

  • The Penthouse Letters excerpt: "I had just sat down and I was warm from climbing 3 flights of stairs back up from the bathroom so I unzipped my jacket. I turned to the right to take my left arm out, when the same officer saw my shirt and [...] ran over to me, hauled me out of my seat and roughly (with my hands behind my back) shoved me up the stairs. I said something like, "I'm going, do you have to be so rough?"

  • Letters from a Birmingham Jail excerpt: "I don't want to live in a country that prohibits any person, whether he/she has paid the ultimate price for that country, from wearing, saying, writing, or telephoning any negative statements about the government. That's why I am going to take my freedoms and liberties back. That's why I am not going to let Bushco take anything else away from me...or you. [...] Four hours and 2 jails after I was arrested, I was let out. Again, I am so upset and sore it is hard to think straight."

  • The future interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show excerpt: "I am so appreciative of the couple of hundred protesters who came to the jail while I was locked up to show their support....we have so much potential for good...there is so much good in so many people."

If I wasn't stuck at school writing some blasted report on the impacts of the Hiawatha LRT I'd be at home liveblogging Von Wolfenblitzer's take on the blessed affair during The Situation Room. Sigh, dear readers...

Sheehan's post-tazer reflection. [Michael Moore]
The Washington Post's report. [WashPo]
Our Brokeback buddies from CNN [CNN]
And that moonbat over at The Blazer Blog [blazerblog]






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the media reports don't jibe with what Cindy says happened. Her report is very chilling.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/2/1/31944/23746

Anti-Everything said...

I completely believe Cindy's account of what happened because it sounds very similar to what happened to me when I attended a Bush rally in Chanhassen last summer.

Here is a link to the Minnesota daily who published my letter to the editor concerning the incident at the rally.

http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2004/10/14/61703