This one came through the wire Saturday evening but apparently VP Dick Cheney blasted prominent Austin, TX lawyer Harry Whittington in the face with a shotgun shell as the two were out hunting quail on Saturday. He didn't die. Whittington, we're also aware, is the presiding officer of the Texas state Funeral Service Commission--a position he's held since 1999. We should point out that Whittington was forced to pay $55,000 to a whistleblower who alleged that he and his fellow commisioners allowed embalmers to inject dead people with formaldehyde and other sundry chemicals without proper license. Jesus.
- "Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter" [NYT]
- Give Harry a call and wish him a speedy recovery
- Business: (512) 476-5313
- Home: (512) 419-1950
- Or send him a get well card
- 3606 Mount Bonnell Rd; Austin, TX. 78731
- Hell, why not order some formaldehyde yourself from a completely unreliable source in Ghana and put it in your get well card? [tradekey]