As if you need one more reason to abstain from Tuesday's elections, we've been informed by our favorite freakalicious economists Leavitt and Dubner that voting is economically irrational. Well, shit. Anyway, we say opportunity costs be damned.
- Leavitt and Dubner believe the answer to higher voter turnout is Switzerland. Of course it is. [NYT]
- More from the authors at their website. Their website, by the way, strikes us as a bizarre example of meta-marketing and self-aggrandizement. [freakonomics]
- The EconEdLink provides an excellent overview and speaks of incentives. [EconEdLink]
- Gary North spills his heart on why he votes (occasionally) and provides a link to his book Mises on Money. [lewrockwell]
- P.S. Babcock writes about it in his blog, along with a short exposition on Iraq. [askedgeworth]
- And then someone named Professor Bainbridge implores us to stop the obstruction, support Alito, and go vote. [probra]